Resolved -> I lost my Balls!

To: "William Atterbury" <watterbury@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Resolved -> I lost my Balls!
From: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:30:14 -0400
Hey William,

I removed the tranny then the bell housing and slid the middle shifter out
and low and behold only one ball on the reverse shifter side. I had extra
balls from the side location so I used one of those and it seems to be OK.
One of the sides of the middle shifter had some wear marks on the reverse
gear side but I don't think it was bad enough to cause a problem yet. I
thought about welding and grinding, as one person suggested, to fix the wear
mark, but I probably would have messed things up worse.

When I opened up the tranny I found that the shifting peg had moved out of
the notches entirely and was in front of the middle shifting gear.

Thanks to all for the feed back.

Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 Bn-2