BJ8 Disc Brake Knock Back

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BJ8 Disc Brake Knock Back
From: <gschwind@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 4:01:39 +0000
Hi Listers,
    I've identified a "clicking" sound in the left front wheel area as brake
pad "knock-back. A very slight touch to the brake pedal and it stops. I've torn
it down, and found the rotor run-out measured with a dial indicator is between
0.002 and 0.004 across the face. The book says that is OK (?). The pads are in
very good condition, and about 0.492 and 0.540  thick. The wheel bearings are
fine, but there is a drag when assembled.
    Is there a way to check for frozen/rusted pistons with the pads out and not
blowing fluid all over? There was no feeling of brake pull before, just the
noise.
    Please let me know what I might check to determine the cause of the knock.
    Thanks in advance,
DON    BJ8  Pandora

Check out the new British Cars Forum: