RE:BJ8 disc brakes, was knockback

To: <bspindell@pacbell.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE:BJ8 disc brakes, was knockback
From: <gschwind@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 19:05:37 +0000
Bob,
   Thanks for your response. I think you have it correct. After much measuring,
it appears both sides calipers are identical, and have clearances for the thin
rotors. I measured clearance from the rotors to the machined surfaces on the
calipers Rt side(the one that's OK,)was 0.090 on the O'B side and 0.100 on the
I'B side, Lt side was 0.050 on the O'B side and 0.100 on the I'B side. The
difference in rotor thickness was 0.072. My car by body, ID and Serial is a
late car, 40XXX, according to BMIHT, all numbers match. Be that as it may, I'd
like to fix it! How can I be sure to get the thin rotors to match the calipers?
Is this the proper correction? (This is my "pretty" driver, not concourse.)
Last resort, A shop here can turn the thick rotor to the thin dimension, ALL
OFF ONE SIDE.
Bob, if this is too much for email, may I have a phone number for you?
Don BJ8  Pandora

Check out the new British Cars Forum: