Steering Wheel contest

To: "Healey List" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Steering Wheel contest
From: "M Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:26:29 -0400
Anyone up for a challenge ? How about in the form of a contest ?

I have a steering wheel I'm trying to identify in terms of what car it was
intended to grace.  I've asked the list this question before, but no one was
able to help at the time.  I'm coming back to you, but this time I'm hoping
to make it fun for those that might want to take part.  The contest prize to
the winner is the steering wheel itself.

To win, you must provide me with a positive link of this wheel to a marque
and / or model of car.  I need to come away with my mystery solved.  There
has to be a positive identification !!!  It must be proved.  I'm repeating
myself because I don't want any misunderstandings - and the last thing I
would want is hurt feelings.

Any ties will be broken by the date and time that I receive the winning
email - the one providing the conclusive evidence.  You may send your emails
to me off list or you may copy the list, your choice.

The steering wheel in question appears to be made by Walsall Wheels of
England.  Oddly, it does not have the Walsall stamp or any other identifier
of manufacture.  However, the construction of the wheel in general, and
specifically the rim and hub, is identical to a Walsall Wheel.  It is 15" in
diameter,  has a deep dish and mahogany rim.  There are only two spokes of
the drilled style with four holes each.

Best part - the wheel is NOS. The wood rim and spokes are flawless despite
being 40 + years old.

The winner will be responsible for a shipping charge of $200.  Ha ha, just
kidding.  Shipping will be $10.  If you can't use the wheel you can always
sell it; especially knowing the marque.  It might look good as a wall
ornament, or possibly a beer can holder (when placed front down on table).

Please view the wheel here by selecting the "Mystery Wheel" album.
http://www.pbase.com/mdlempert/wheels

Thanks for your help and good luck.

Mike Lempert
Lempert Wheels