Re: Steering collumn

To: Healeys <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Steering collumn
From: "Bob Brown" <BlkBT7@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:26:26 -0500
I've seen 2 3000's that have been involved in accidents, one into a
wall while racing (Road America) and a second that broadsided a vehicle
that ran a stop sign. In both cases the steering wheel was bend over
the opposite from normal. Both drivers were wearing at least a
shoulder belt and suffered nothing more than bruises to the chest.
But the potential for more serious injuries was clearly obvious.
After seeing those cars I installed a 3 point belt.
Bob

 > The potential is there, but does anyone know if anyone actually has been
 > impaled by the steering column?

Check out the new British Cars Forum: