Re: re. Trans noises (Smitty 5spd - Toyota - no Healey

To: HealeyBN7@yahoo.com, "healey \(E-mail\)" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: re. Trans noises (Smitty 5spd - Toyota - no Healey
From: joe mulqueen <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:54:38 -0700 (PDT)
There's a "Peterson Publishing" type book that covers
American clutches, flywheels and bellhousings.  It
discusses using a dial indicator to ensure removable
bell housings are centered to the crank BEFORE the
gear box is mounted to the bellhousing.  I used that
technique with my old corvette (B/W T10 gear box).  If
your gear box is correctly tooled to the Smitty
housing (that should be Smitty's responsibility), then
you just need to ensure the bell housing is first
properly aligned with your crank prior to mounting the
gearbox, right?
Joe Mulqueen
'60 BT7