Fastener supplier question

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fastener supplier question
From: HealeyBN7@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:55:46 EDT
I know this subject has been covered at some length, but I would like to  ask
a specific supplier question.  I was just going through the  Moss on-line
catalogue and added about a hundred fasteners for my car to my  "wish list."  A
couple of points before I ask my question:  IMHO the  Moss web site is very
good and the exploded views of the assemblies, the  breakdown of individual
part
numbers and quantity required is great for  me.  Also, the wish list idea is
great.  I have no beef with  Moss.  Very glad we have them.  They have a lot of
my money  already.
My question:  are the fasteners off the Moss site "correct," (do they  have
the right markings on the heads) and are they of superior  quality?  By
superior quality I suppose I mean are they high enough grade,  and will they
last a
while without rusting away, i.e., are they zinc or cad  plated as the original
were (were they?)?
I have read about sending out your old fasteners for plating, but many of
mine are toast.  Old, busted, rusted, undercoat covered,  incorrect.  Many need
replacing.  I'm not intent on assembling a  concours car, but I would like the
fasteners to be mostly correct, not  break and last more than 6 months before
they rust.  So, is Moss good  for fasteners, or should I go somewhere else
for better?  Great list by the  way.  I learn something every day.  Thanks.

Dave
61 BN7

Check out the new British Cars Forum: