Re: Tire recommendation

To: "Blue One Hundred" <international_investor@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Tire recommendation
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:53:30 -0400
All of this tire talk made me finally check what I had, because I have been
very satisfied with them, and they look as close to "right" as a radial
can...
They are Michelin Radial X  ZX  175 R 15s.
They are a high profile tire that fill the wheel well the way the original
roadspeeds did, and they seem plenty grippy for the sports touring that I do.
I was sorry to see that they don't still seem to be offered on the Coker site,
when I just did a quick check. -But similar Michelin tires seem to be running
about $180 a copy.  --Not cheap.
When I bought these, my main concern was modern construction but original
appearing proportions.
IMHO, I have seen a lot of otherwise beautiful Healeys who's visual
proportions are compromised by installation of lower profile tires which leave
large somewhat goofy looking gaps between fender and tire. In the end though,
I think it amounts to a personal choice between performance and visual
appeal.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA