Re: Tire recommendation

To: "62bt7" <62bt7@prodigy.net>, <modifiedhealeys@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: Tire recommendation
From: Eric (Rick) Wilkins <wilko2@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:18:07 -0700
Good tires are, of course, a better choice, but in the size we're
talking about, there is no reason for them to cost much more than the
35.00 or so that a kuhmo or other mid grade tire will cost. They all
need to pass the same tests and are rated as such.

Tire failures are almost always caused by improper tire care. Old
tires, underinflated tires, etc. are the problem. My Kuhmos have run
fine for many miles with no troubles and they offer better/safer
performance than almost any bias ply tire due to their superior
technology.

Rick
San Diego

On Oct 22, 2004, at 3:59 PM, Blue One Hundred wrote:

> Mark -
>
> Word to the wise.  Do not, ever, buy any sort of off brand or no name
> tire just to make your price range of $40 per tire.
>
> On all healeys, if the tire tread delaminates or the belts strip loose
> from the tire, it will result in alot of damage to your fender.   I've
> seen it several times on healeys, it's never pretty.
>
> Stick with the name brand tires, cheapest you will find is probably
> $80.  It's worth the price.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: