windshield seal strip 100-4

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: windshield seal strip 100-4
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:45:07 -0500
Just a quick note to BN<3's. I was putting in a new weather strip along the
bottom of the windshield, and was much concerned over how hard it was going to
be. It wasn't. Used liquid soap all along the groove. I found that the easiest
way to get the strip in is with a plastic putty knife-- the cheap throw-away
kind. These don't mar the metal channel, and can be shaped a little with
sandpaper to put a little curve on the bottom edge. It took about 10 minutes
to tamp in the front edge. I also faound that by really stretching the rubber
out at both ends (two guys pulling with vicegrips), you can stretch the seal
out a bit and get rid of 75% of the wavy wrinkles at the end when the
windshield is in the forward position.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: