RE: Austin Healey 100

To: <Healeyguy@aol.com>, <copyed@sportscarmarket.com>
Subject: RE: Austin Healey 100
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 08:10:04 +1100
G'day All

An interesting exchange of emails that I thought I would wade into.

Very few people on this list have a Healey, plenty of Austin-Healeys but
few Healeys. No one on this list has a Healey 100.

The first Healey was made in 1945 and released the following year.
Healeys stayed in production until 1954.

The Healey 100 was first produced in 1952 and as we all know became the
Austin-Healey 100 at the London Motor Racing Show at Earl's Court when
Leonard Lord made the deal with DMH. There is no such car as the
Austin-Healey 100/4 and never has been.

So we have the Austin-Healey 100 BN1 and Austin-Healey 100 BN2 (I'm
ignoring the S and the M at this moment). Perfectly clear? Perhaps, but
just to confuse it all my car is the Austin-Healey 100 BN3/1 and while
it may be fitted with a six-cylinder it is not a 100/6. That term was
brought into use in 1956 with the introduction of the BN4.

Simple really!

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia