Rememerance Day (no Healey content)

To: "Healeys" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rememerance Day (no Healey content)
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:00:51 -0500
I attended Rememberance Day services in the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum
hangar complex in Mount Hope, Ontario, Canada this morning. Immediately behind
the podium facing the audience was their B25 Mitchell in her D Day stripe
markings. The Avro Lancaster heavy bomber was out on the tarmac when we
arrived and soon fired up her engines and took off.
Veterans, families, school children, folks of every age were there. I would
guess close to 2000 people.
The setting was perfect with mostly WW2 aircraft everywhere, finished
restorations and projects in progress.
The service commenced about 10:45 and at 11:00 just as the last notes of the
Last Post faded away, the Lancaster came in low and heavy over the building.
There wasn't a dry eye in the place. There's nothing like the sound of 4 Rolls
Royce Merlins in perfect sync.
Anyway, a heartfelt "Thank You" to all veterans everywhere, and a moment to
remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Rich Chrysler