Overdrive not engaging - I think

To: "Healey list" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Overdrive not engaging - I think
From: "Rick Neves _._" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:03:16 -0500
I'm petty sure that the overdrive isn't engaging but I just wanted to check
with the list. I can confirm that the lever, down on the overdrive, is turned
when the overdrive is being electrically operated but I'm not feeling the
overdrive switch in.

I'm doing about 43 mph in third gear at about 2500rpm. Does that sound about
right for a non-overdrive situation? I guess there is the chance that as soon
as the unit goes into third or fourth that the the overdrive is immediately
being engaged. In know I'm having a problem with a faulty relay (Overdrive is
always on once its been turned on one time - then thereafter its on as long as
in 3rd or 4th - need to turn of keyswitch to reset)
Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN-2

_._