And we're off....

To: Healey List <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: And we're off....
From: 57 Healey <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:46:50 -0600
Sunday afternoon, the paint and body guy picked up the Healey to work
his magic and turn my red 100-Six into a Pacific Green over Ivory
100-Six.   As you may know, I have spent the past two weekends
scrambling to strip the car to a rolling chassis for him to pick it up
as soon as he finished another car (non-Healey) that he was working
on.   He is estimating that he will have it back to me around
Christmas, but I expect to see it before mid February.

When stripping the car, I didn't come across anything unexpected or
distressing.  Their were a couple of areas of rust in the floorboards,
but not large enough to justify replacing the whole thing. The rust
will be cut out and replaced with good metal.

Overall this has been a great experience, and I expect it to be better
on the other side.  Over the next few weeks, I will be working to get
everything that stayed with me ready to go back on the car.  I must
learn from all of the horror stories of cars taken apart and never
reassembled, and get this back together soon.  The goal is to debut
the car by Texas Healey Roundup.  I got a little extra incentive as we
found out last week that we are expecting our second kid in the
summer, and I know I will have less time for the car then.

Anyhow,  I have about 240 pictures of the car as it is being stripped
on my website, austin-healeys.com (go to photo galleries on the right
hand column).  Its been a fun couple of weeks.  I ordered a shut face
set today (original, not new) and the carpet is supposed to be a 36th
birthday present for me, so I will see if I get it this weekend.

Thanks for all of your support,

Patton

--
Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX