Re Nothing

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net, ahpowered@hotmail.com
Subject: Re Nothing
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:49:06 +0000 (GMT)
Scott,

If I read you correctly, the voltage goes down to virtually nothing when you
connect either your battery and/or another jumper battery to your car
electrics. If this is happening without you trying to start the car, you have a
short circuit between the live and earth side of your wiring somewhere. Suggest
you check back over your recent work - did you have to disconnect any wiring?
Has it gone back in exactly as it was? I once ended up with a dead short when I
inadvertently miss wired the starter and solenoid.

If the voltage only goes down low when you try to turn the starter, then your
starter is stalling, which again has the effect of a temporary dead short
between live and earth because there is no reverse EMF with the motor not
turning.

Good luck

Mike