Dayton Wheels, Gillett tires

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dayton Wheels, Gillett tires
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:36:10 EST
I spoke with Alan Hendrix (www.hendrixwirewheel.com) this morning about some
tires to replace my Michelin ZX 175's that are no longer being made by Coker.
Alan has come up with a tire made by Firestone and sold under the name
"Gillet Wide Track" label, the dimensions of which are 165/82x15.  This
conforms
very closely, Alan tells me, to the original 5.90x15 and it taller than the
165/70's used by many.  I may order a set prior to putting away the car for the
winter.

Alan also told me that he has on hand about 8 sets each of DAYTON 60 spoke
and DAYTON 72 spoke wheels that he purchased just in front of the 15% price
rise
that the manufacturer has announced.  So if anyone is thinking about getting
new wheels this might be something to jump on.

No financial interest--Alan and Jerry are great guys who support much Healey
activity.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans