Re: Rear Axle Seal

To: Thomas Mulligan <tpmul@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Rear Axle Seal
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 23:21:19 -0800 (PST)
Thomas -

As long as you replace the paper gaskets with pre-made
paper gaskets (don't make these yourself), and replace
the o-rings... and keep everything clean... you
shouldn't get any leaking.  I would not use any
sealant or anything like that... it may not hold up
over time.

What you should do is consider replacing the hub oil
seal, that's where alot of the leaks come from ...
it's a little bit of a hassle, but a cheap repair well
worth it.

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8