Rear Axle Seal Install

To: Healeys <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rear Axle Seal Install
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:09:02 -0800
I posted a paper on Jim Werner's site with my experiences with rear wheel
bearings and seals.

Contained are instructions on making seal drivers out of pvc pipe &
fittings. Driving the seals with pvc pipe is easy. Observed front & rear
bearing specs are included.

I bought the special octagon wrench from Hemphills.

See:
http://hometown.aol.com/bgahc/02_jwha_wheelbearing.html

Today's updates--just bought a NOS rear wheel bearing--it's a FAG 4209B.TVH

The O-ring I observed to be 3-3/4" OD x 5/32" in section. I think a 1/8"
section might work as well but haven't tried it yet.
--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA