Re: timing mark on pulley

To: jbpate@attglobal.net, Healey <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: timing mark on pulley
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 17:44:41 -0800 (PST)
Barry -

That round dimple is what the machinist does to the
harmonic balancer to balance it.  It has no relation
to TDC.

I am very suprised that your pulley does not have a
notch in it.  It is very small and hard to see... try
looking for it with ALOT of light in the engine
compartment, rotating the motor either with a big
wrench on the dog nut, or putting the car in 3rd or
4th gear and rolling it on the floor bit by bit...
which should rotate the motor till you see the notch.

I'm sure the notch is there... it's just hard to see.
Mark it with paint when you find it.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8