Re: Stirling Moss coming to Madison WI

To: Gary & Gretchen <garygret@sbcglobal.net>, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Stirling Moss coming to Madison WI
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:28:10 -0800 (PST)
Gary -

Four years ago I attended the Formula 1 race held at
Sepang Circuit, Malaysia.

I had the great pleasure of watching Stirling Moss
drive three laps in an open wheeled 1950s Mercedes
race car (I'm quite sure it was the same model 1955
that Moss won the British Grand Prix in)... prior to
the race.

What was special about this was Moss did not simply
drive the car around the circuit... he ran it full
throttle.

Imagine, driving a 1955 spec Mercedes race car still
mounted with 50's style ply tires with a 70 year old
man at the wheel while... everyone in the Grand Stands
stared at him slack-jawed as he did this... he went
flying by at full throttle on the straightaway, left
hand on the wheel, right hand waving to the crowd with
him facing the crowd with the biggest grin you've ever
seen (he wasn't looking at the track, he didn't need
to).  I think the car was close to 120 mph while he
was doing this, still running the racing line on the
track.

No roll bar, 50's style racing helmet... trademark
goggles... I sight to have seen.  I think there is
only one 70 year old man in the world that could have
accomplished that without crashing!

I think you are in for a real treat!

Cheers,

Alan