Voltage Regulators for BN7

To: <Healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Voltage Regulators for BN7
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 20:08:40 -0800
Today being a warm and sunny day in L.A. I decided to start the process of
installing my new wiring harness into my BN7.  Very quickly I discovered a
bit of a riddle.  My voltage regulator has spade type connectors and my wire
harness doesn't.  A friend advised me that the connectors should be
screw-in.  So I look closer.  The regulator is Lucas with a model number
RB106/2.  I think there is a manufacture date of 1973 (if I am reading that
correctly).  It has only two bobbins so I know it is correct for my car.
Gary Anderson's book says that spade type connectors were only on BJ8
regulators (Type RB340).  I seem to have a regulator manufactured at a later
date for earlier model cars with the later spade type connectors?  It works
fine.  If anyone is interested in it feel free to contact me off the list.
Ron Fine