laser level method for doing toe in

To: "Healey list" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: laser level method for doing toe in
From: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:15:19 -0500
Yeah many ways to skin this cat, But since so many asked for my method I put
it on my website. http://www.RickNeves.com

I especially like the suggestion that Dean just made about using a distance
that is 10X the tire diameter or about 21 feet for projections. Then the
distance of your marks will be 10X of the actual toe-in in inches.

Anyway, feel free to check my math and to comment on my interpretation of
how the manual states the toe-in.

I'm still not sure if its the inboard measurement difference from the front
to the rear edges of the tire or the measurement from the center of the tire
to the front edge. Seems like one is half the other. The angle is what
counts so why don't they state that? Seems like all you have to do is change
your tire diameter and you'll get a different Toe-in!

Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN-2

_._