Custom Fire Wall

To: Healey List <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Custom Fire Wall
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:10:59 -0800 (PST)
Merry Christmas Fellow Listers,

Ok, I understand all of the concours judges are vacationing in the islands now
and won't see this posting  - so this is just between you and I.

I'm getting ready to pull the engine for a rebuild and have this crazy idea and
need some help either telling me that "you're nuts" or how this might be done.
I saw something similar to this on OverHaulin' and have been noodling around.
Part of this idea has to do with dressing up the engine bay as much as it has
to do with additional heat containment.

The idea here is to fabricate an aluminum fire wall so that there is about 3/8"
- 1/2" gap between it and the existing fire wall.  I would relocate all of the
items currently attached to the existing fire wall onto the new one.  In the
gap between the old and new I would layer one or two sheets of the mylar heat
shield material.

The interior of the existing fire wall is already lined.  I realize this is
probably more of a hot rod look, but do think I might look pretty cool.  I'm
curious if anyone has attempted or better yet, succeeded at doing something
like this.  I appreciate all thoughts on or off list.

Merry Christmas to all.  I'm looking forward to a new year and many more
opportunities to meet others on this list.

Cheers,
Carlos Cruz
'60 BN7

 Meet the all-new My Yahoo!  Try it today!