BN4 Door Trim and Cleaning Shut Faces

To: Healey List <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: BN4 Door Trim and Cleaning Shut Faces
From: 57 Healey <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 17:01:29 -0600
I am making sure that I have all of the parts ready to set the doors for my BN4.

I have the special BN4 door seal set (those are pricey!) but still
have to buy the 6 channel strips (anyone have a used set?).  I also
got a pair of the original shut face sets in pretty good shape, but
they are very dirty and dull.    Were the shut faces  supposed to be
shined?  Any recommendations on the best way to clean them and getting
them to original condition?

What else do I need?  I THINK I need piping for the shut face, am I
right about that?  Also, do I need furflex?  I know the BN4s didn't
use furflex on the underside of the dash, but am unsure about the
door.  I have seen vendors listing furflex as for BN4 68960 on (mine
is 37718).

Finally, what about the door scuttle seal?  Is the BN4 supposed to
have them?  If so, I seem to remember that  there is a source that is
better than the usual suspects, anyone remember where that was?

Thanks
Patton

--
Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX