Re: Happy Holidays and Exhaust Attachment Points Q

To: "Bob, Kim, Rob, Bandit and Pepper" <thewalkers@qwest.net>,
Subject: Re: Happy Holidays and Exhaust Attachment Points Q
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:33:51 -0500
Bob Walker wrote:
 On the drivers side rear outrigger facing forward, I
> have a captured bolt, and then in towards the centerline, a couple of
> inches away is a bolt welded to the outside forward face of the rear
> outrigger with a stud (cut off) unthreaded past the bolt sticking forward.
> I have the car down to frame and doing weld repairs.  What belongs on the
> drivers side rear outrigger?
>
> Any advice?

What you should have on the rear left outrigger are two nuts (5/16"NF)
welded inside the vertical face of the outrigger just above the relief
cutout, spaced to run two bolts in through a metal/rubber exhaust mounting
bracket. There should be no other captured bolts or anything else located
here. This bracket when mounted will take the forward welded stud from the
tailpipe assembly.
Rich Chrysler