re washer bottle

To: "healey list" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re washer bottle
From: "B&C Phillips" <bjcap@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:39:32 -0500
David,
I use aluminum cleaner (phosphoric acid mixture). It works extremely well on
the bottles without any damage. I even use it on the BJ8 with label. PPG DX
579  or equivalent. Mixed with water in varios ratios. I say various because
I think they now premix or changed it. It is also fantastic for all your
chrome plated screws.
make sure you emerse the whole bottle to clean even. On chrome you should
have no problem however I sometimes come across some cheaper chromed items
that will turn blackish but it buffs shiny again with a rag  Use care with
these products (rubber gloves, eye protection ect.)as it is an acid, mild or
not.
Carroll Phillips Top Down Restorations.