hood still won't fit!!!!!

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: hood still won't fit!!!!!
From: dicksonr@uwm.edu
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:15:42 -0600
Healey Friends,
I tried today to fit and refit the shroud at all of the attachment spots to the
chassis.  The hood still does not have the appropriate gap on the sides.  It
still buts hard up against the shroud in the gutters.  It is almost as if the
hood needs to be made more convex (front to back) to fit properly.  Some have
said that maybe the shroud has too much curve in it.  If I flattened it out I
don't see how that might make a difference.
Also, I don't think that it has too much curl in it because it lines up to all
of the attachment points.  I wonder if the hood is flattened just slightly
which would make it splay out wider???????
Also, when doing this the fenders have not been attached.  Would that make a
difference and open up the hood opening in the shroud?  Next the front fenders
will be attached and then the hood fitted.  Thanks in advance.

Randy Dickson
Healey Archaeologist
63 BJ-7