Re: Master Cylinder

To: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@comcast.net>, "Healeys"
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:53:23 -0500
Hi again Ben,
If you have to resort to heat to get the screwed cap off the body, there is
the likelihood of damaging the plastic distance piece inside. I don't
believe it is normally supplied in a rebuild kit but you may want to confirm
this before resorting to the heating business. Everything else that may come
to harm from heating will be in the replacement kit anyway.
I must agree with what Tracy Drummond said in that your life depends on this
brake system and it isn't something to fool around with. If you suspect that
there has been any permanent damage done to this cylinder assembly, to err
on the side of safety would be the way to go.
Perhaps another lister might have a spare used assembly that could be
rebuilt to help out a new guy to the list???