Tow-hooks

To: "Healey list" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tow-hooks
From: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:09:34 -0500
After reading the recent messages on Tow Hooks I decided to check out the
suggested links. I wanted to purchase a set from Frank Wicker but he is out
of stock.

I had some trouble when I trailored my BN-2 to Lime Rock this summer and I
checked out the 100s's that were there and got a couple of close up shots of
the tow hooks in the front and at the time I thought I'd try to make some
that matched. Thanks to the links I got a real accurate trace from the
Austin-Healey Owners Association of British Columbia's web site. So I've
done up a couple of drawings and I'll see about making a few. I plan on
making these out of Stainless steel for the added strength and rust proof
finish.

Here's my question. The BC guys say to mount these on the inside of the
frame rails. I just looked at doing that and there is a weldment that's in
the way. The one that holds the lower control arm. Anyway from my picture
from Lime Rock it looks like those are mounted on the outside of the frame
rail so if you had a bumper installed then the tow hook could go on the
inside or outside of the bumper mountings. Any comments

Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN-2

_._