Re: Tow-hooks

To: Rick Neves <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>,
Subject: Re: Tow-hooks
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:58:34 -0800
Rick:

Bill Bolton in Oregon has made up a bunch of the tow hooks - or 'towing
eyes', as the parts book calls them.  They're steel, laser cut from a
pattern taken from an original towing eye that I supplied for Bill.

They are designed to attach to the inboard side of the frame rails - the
threaded tube that is the bumper iron attachment point actually runs right
through the frame rail, with the irons bolted to the outside of the frame
rail.

They work - I have towed one of my Healeys using the eyes - the positioning
keeps the tow rope or bridle clear of the lower edge of the shroud quite
well.  They also protect the underside front of the frame, particularly the
front sway bar frame strap from damage from the occasional contact with a
curb.

Bill is at   tricarb@aol.com

Highly recommended by us 'BC guys'!

Earl Kagna