Re: Horns / BJ8

To: "Dick Matson" <medlabinc@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Horns / BJ8
From: "KENNETH MASON" <meditionm@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:41:02 -0800
Dick
I read the other post about removing the rivets and ......
They may not need to be taken apart.  I just went through the horn issue with
my BJ7.  One horn worked while the other did not.  I checked the internal coil
for continuity with an ohm (multi-meter) meter.  When I found continuity, I
removed the adjuster and locknut.  I then took a soft faced hammer and tapped
the edge of the horn where the rivet joint is located.  Tap the outer edge is
a radial direction all the way around.  I found this to LOOSEN up the stuck
internal parts, and the horn worked when connected to a battery.  It would not
make a sound though until I reinstalled the adjuster and put some pressure on
the horn diaphragm.  Sounds crude but might be worth a try before removing the
rivets.
Ken Mason
BJ7 in work