Re: 6 cyl heater re assy issues

To: "joe mulqueen" <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: 6 cyl heater re assy issues
From: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:10:09 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "joe mulqueen" <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>
To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 9:12 PM
Subject: 6 cyl heater re assy issues

1.  I noticed this also when recently re-building my heater.  The original
seal is not an O-ring but is beveled on top/bottom at the edges to fit the
recess in the fitting.  The O-ring I got from Moss was "big" but seemed to
fit "OK".

2.  This metal "washer" is soft aluminum and can be forced over the flange
to secure the fitting in place.  I was able to pry it off and then later to
force it on again.

3.  I'm interested in the answer to this question.  I bought one plate from
Moss & another from Austin Healey Spares.  Mine was missing when I got the
car in 1976.  One of the replacements was very much better looking (blacker
& better graphics) than the other (don't know which supplier was which) so I
installed the best one.  Is there a record of the numbers stamped so I can
re-stamp it and doe's someone have detailed description of the stamped
lettering size & style?
Richard Bittmann BJ7 (Sept 4-5, 1963)