BJ8 Door striker adjustment

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: BJ8 Door striker adjustment
From: <johnlink@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 8:56:08 -0500
I am relatively new to big healey ownership, having purchased a 1966 Bj8 in
October of 2004. I am finally getting a chance to drive it a bit after sorting
out issues with the brake servo, installing new tires, etc.  The one thing I
find particularly annoying is the need to repeatedly slam the doors to get them
to latch properly.  I have lubricated the mechanisms and have attempted to
adjust the striker plates on the shut posts, all to no avail. Can someone give
a pointer or two on adjusting the strikers.  I must be missing something!
Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to all.  John Linkosky