Re: Tire Pressure

To: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tire Pressure
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:49:35 -0500
John et al,

Don't know about the 185/70 SR 15 Vredenstein but here is what I have on my
Yokohama 185/70 VR 15.  I have 15x6 bolt on Minilite repros.  I run 32 front
and 30 rear.  Cannot tell any difference down to 28 but below that the
responsiveness seems to fall off, cornering I mean.

I definitely think that 23 is way too low.  Also 35 seems pretty high as
well.

My .02
Keith Pennell

> Hello List,
>
> What is the collective wisdom out there on the best tire pressure to use
in
> 185/70-SR15 Vredestein tires mounted on reproduction MiniLite wheels
running
> w/ 23 psi pressure?  The idea was that since these tires are wider than
> original and have a higher load rating, they should be run at a lower
pressure
> than normal.  My freshly restored BT7 MK2 has this set-up.  It has what I
> would describe as a "bouncy" or "jiggly" ride on pavement that is less
than
> smooth.  The entire front suspension has urethane bushings, but this feel
> seems to come from the rear as much, or more, then the front.  All four
shocks
> have less than 1600 miles on them.
>
> This ride became more noticable to me when as an early Christmas present
> myself I took back to back drives in the above car, my freshly restored
BN7