BJ8 Help needed!

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: BJ8 Help needed!
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:57:51 EST
I have been having a problem with the clutch (or so I thought) on my BJ8.
Part of the new years resolution what to get this fixed.  Took the tranny out
yesterday and began checking things.  First thing I noticed was that the
release
plate was missing off the clutch release fingers.  It is a Borg & Beck that
has the 3 fingers.  So the release bearing was riding directly on the fingers
rather than the proper plate.  Keeping in mind that this is a car that was
supposedly restored by a professional when I bought it I was a little shocked
find that.  Fortunately the fingers appear OK so now I need to find the plate
and clip springs to hold it in place. (3 of them).  Any leads or offers
considered!!  The second thing I found was that the pilot bushing going into
the
crankshaft appears to have been damaged.  I have removed the flywheel but how
do I
remove the plate screwed into the crankshaft and then replace the bushing?
Lastly it appears that there is more movement in the pilot shaft coming from
the transmission than there should be and it looks like the seal may be
starting
to leak.  Obviously I will replace the seal but is there a bearing or
something else should be considering for replacement while I am in to all this?

Many thanks,

Gary Fuqua

Ps...Norman, I have looked high and low for my copy to Tech Talk without
success so guess you'll be hearing from me for another copy.