Engine Colors and Longbridge/Abingdon transition (long)

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Engine Colors and Longbridge/Abingdon transition (long)
From: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 21:24:34 -0800
Gary,
Nice summary of the issue, which confirms the testimony of the fellow who
restored my Healey in 1992.   My BN4 was built 10 December 1957 at
Longbridge with a six-port 26C engine & Longbridge interior.  When I bought
the car in 1998 I asked the owner/restorer why he hadn't painted the engine
the correct light metallic engine green and he replied that he repainted the
engine the darker green similar to the color he found as the original paint
on the engine.
Vrooom vrooom,
John