Re: [Fwd: Re: Engine Colors and Longbridge/Abingdon transition

To: "57 Healey" <57healey@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Engine Colors and Longbridge/Abingdon transition
From: "Mick Vander Ploeg" <mvanderploeg@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 16:49:42 -0500
Mine was built April '57, and the paint on the block was very thin when I
bought it.  In fact, bare metal was showing in several areas.  There were no
signs of anything other than Healey green paint, so that's the color it was
repainted.  Based on the condition of the car at the time, I doubt that
anyone had ever stripped the engine down to bare metal and repainted it a
color other than the original.  I'm not painting it again, so I hope it's
right.