Re: cold air box

To: "Eric \(Rick\) Wilkins" <wilko2@cox.net>
Subject: Re: cold air box
From: "Charley Braum" <cbaustin@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:55:05 -0500
    Best I can come up with using gas flow rates is about a 15% increase in
mass flow with a drop in temperature from 200 deg.F to 100 deg.F taken at a
standard atmosphere (0 psig or 30 inches HgA).

    Of course this doesn't take into account the actual ratio of additional
Oxygen entering the carbs or the effects of the additional pressure drop
through the trunking.

    Using the temperature change effect on air at critical flow (which a
carb does not achieve) the increase in mass flow is much less, an increase
of about 4% from 100 deg.F down to 60 deg.F.

    I suspect the air flow mass increase for the cold air box is somewhere
in between.

CB