Re: cold air box

To: "healeylist" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: cold air box
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:39:01 -0800
A few years ago, there was a guy (forget his name) who successfully raced a
100M
who  claimed his car performed better without the cold air box.  I believe he
used
ram pipes.

Could be the benefit of the cooler air and (minimal) ram effect was more than
offset by the air having to make the sharp, 90-degree bend into the carb throat.

bs