100 M Cold air box

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 100 M Cold air box
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:52:59 -0500
I'm a little late to this thread, but off this for historical interest. For
what it may be worth, I bought an original cold air box a year ago. Whoever
had used it had run it long enough to get the usual stress cracking around the
rivets seen on other period boxes. The interesting thing is that the firewall
end of the box had been carefully cut off, leaving another 2x4 opening
exposed. I don't know the application, but whoever did this was obviously
looking for the cold air effects and speed without any 'ram air' contribution.
Whadyall think?

Allen Miller