Re: 100 M Cold air box (no serious content)

To: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 100 M Cold air box (no serious content)
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:38:24 -0500
Previous owners are a mystical magical inscrutable lot. -They obviously knew
far more about Healeys than we do, since their ways are often not
understandable to current owners...  Unfortunately, their wisdom is almost
always lost through the mists of time. -And we only have the evidence of their
labors to hint at their genius and higher understanding of the automotive
arts.
My BT7 tricarb's Previous Owners made the following improvements to my car,
and I am in the process of analyzing the mystical powers that these changes
were intended to bring forth:

The tricarbs and manifolds had been swapped out for twin HDs
The engine cooling blades were installed backwards
Everything in the engine compartment (and the compartment itself) was painted
flat black.
The radiator air shroud assy had been removed.
The fender spears were put on backward
The seat bottom frames and bottom seat cushion metal pan were from a different
series car.
The parcel tray and innumerable bits were missing (My guess, to make the car
lighter and faster!)

These and many other changes by the POs were reversed when I restored the car,
since I feared the great powers and unimaginable speed that they were
doubtless intended to bring forth.

I can only conclude that these unfathomable modifications are responsible for
my car surviving into it's 43rd year, when so many others have not.
Sometimes I after long hours in the garage, I would think about these
all-knowing POs and dream of beating an explanation out of them.....