Re: Parts Cleaner(s)

To: "Gary Moomau" <moomau@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Cleaner(s)
From: Jon McLeroy <jfm@spyderinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:33:43 -0600
Hey Gary

After I got my 20 gal parts washer I also looked around for the proper
cleaner and found, at the local Penco Oil Co., some really good stuff.

The brand name is Genuine and is called "Safety Solvent 140" in 5gal
buckets.  Its clear without a strong smell and does not melt paint.  It
will tingle the hands and should be used with gloves, eye protection etc.
and it melts old grease and crud.  Use an old cut off paint brush, with
bristles about 1.5 to 2 inches to attack any stubborn residue.  You may
have a 20 gal parts washer but it only took 10 gal of solvent to make the
washer work.

I have had this for about 2 years, used it often and it seems to hold its
strength fairly well.

I don't know how available it is in your part of the country but something
similar probably is.  What I have was packaged in San Antonio, Tx.

Hope this helps.
Jon

Classic Auto Lubes
12803 CR  1222
Tyler, Tx,  75709
Ph: 903-561-4858
Fax: 903-561-7177
Email: jfm@spyderinternet.com
www.classicautolubes.com

--
Spydernet has scanned this message for viruses and
dangerous content.