Re: Replacement bumper

To: Sid Bronson <bron@rmci.net>, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Replacement bumper
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:37:11 -0800 (PST)
Sid -

The aftermarket bumpers are so thin, you can
permanently bend & destroy the bumper simply by
yanking on the end of the bumper with one hand after
you've mounted them on the car.  I hate them, they are
crap, literally.  Even the shape at the ends is wrong.
 I bought one for my BJ8 15 years ago and have
regretted it ever since.  Even the license plate
mounts are screwed up, they have metric nuts on them.

I know it's expensive, but replating is a much better
option.  Besides, the chrome will look a heck of alot
better.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8