Re: Pointless SU Fuel Pumps

To: Ron Fine <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Pointless SU Fuel Pumps
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:34:35 -0800 (PST)
Ron,

Point # 1 - Reliability and English electronics - well....  I'm ducking now so
no one can hit me

Point # 2 - The retailer's telling you the product is no good.

Point # 3 - You can always have your co-pilot go "tick, tick, tick" each time
you start the engine - gives them something to do and be part of the fun.

Point #4 - I thought this would be a good opportunity to have some cheap fun at
how this discussion thread can be full of valid points and be pointless all at
the same time. ;-)

I hope I've made my point,

Cheers all,
Carlos "Running to Hide Now" Cruz

Ron Fine <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net> wrote:
I have been considering purchasing a new SU Pointless fuel pump for my BN7.
I previously installed one on my 66 MGB and although I have only had it on
for about a year it is working flawlessly. So, I emailed Holden Company in
England and asked about their availability. Their catalog is a little vague
as to which model but the price is significantly less than Moss or VB for
the square body pump (1961 BN7). I get a very brief email response from
their sales department telling me to "stick with points". I ask why. The
answer is "pointless is less reliable". Well, I am looking for reliability
so what should I do now? I would be interested in any of your opinions or
experiences with the SU Pointless fuel pumps. And I don't want to install a
modern electric pump. I like the look and sound of the tick tick tick.
Thanks,
Ron