Re: Pointless SU Fuel Pumps

To: Ron Fine <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Pointless SU Fuel Pumps
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:47:44 -0800
Ron:

MOPROD (and a couple of others, I believe) make an aftermarket electronic
diaphragm type fuel pump (that goes tick, tick, tick) and bolts right in
place of the original pump without having to modify anything on the car.  It
can be installed on either a POS or NEG ground car - it can even be switched
back and forth.  (plastic body - ie: electrically isolated, and 2 leads).
This pump sells for around $100, probably about half of the SU pump, as far
as I can tell.

I have used this pump in both Healeys for years - lots of miles - no points,
no problems.  Some people have had trouble with overtightening the banjo
bolts, which can split the plastic, thereby destroying the pump.  Just a
whisker past finger tight will do!

Tick, tick, tick!

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.