Re: Which White?

To: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Which White?
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:43:30 -0800
Patton:

I'm looking at my copy of the Pikovnik book - after years of discussion of
'which white' (and also much discussion of most of the other Healey colours,
as well),  a lot of us have come to the conclusion that Ivory White and Old
English White are interchangeable - it's more than likely the same colour.
Pikovnik listed the colour in the book as 'Old English White  (aka Ivory)'.
I know that he enlisted the aid of the experts when he did the book, so I
believe that his conclusions are accurate.

That colour (OEW) turned out to be one of the 2 colours that he wound up
re-matching, and he sent out new colour sample pages to all who had
purchased the book.  I believe the correct code you want is ICI 2379.

Pale Ivory, a pale yellow colour, was listed as being used on BN1 - BN2 cars
only, and I believe that it was discontinued very early on - maybe some
other lister who is better versed than I in these matters can comment.

I might suggest a conversation with your paint shop - after much fiddling
around with paint sprayout samples, I wound up going with Glassurit's colour
for both cars BT7 - Colorado Red, BJ8 - Golden Beige Metallic.  I was
advised that it would be better to stay with one of the paint manufacturers
formula  - if later paint repair is needed, as in accident damage, perish
the thought, it would be much easier to get a match in the future.  I am
very happy with both cars paint colours.

Have fun,

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb