Re: break in oil

To: "Blue One Hundred" <healey.nut@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: break in oil
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 05:26:06 -0600
The question is how were your cylinder's honed?  The new technology
associated with the final hone of a cylinder bore has deleted the
requirement to break in the cylinder bores... the Cam advise is good thou
you do need to run the cam in per the manufactures spec's.

If the Bores were honed correctly with what is called Soft Hone technology
the rings are already seated.  Consequently you simply use the oil you plan
on using normally.  Use a good filter and then change it in the early
going... like at 3-500 miles.... and away you go.

This is the most significant change in engine building at the factory that
has allowed our new car engines to run well past 100,000 miles with no
issues.

My Race engines honestly never get broken in... we built them... put them on
a dyno... go through two heat cycles... and pour fuel to them to the max
Rpm....  that simple...  and this is very normal these days....  amazing
stuff...

Keith