Re: Ruddspeed competition engine equipment

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ruddspeed competition engine equipment
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:17:14 -0500
Hi Lin:   There is a section on the Ruddspeed Healey conversions in Chris
Harvey's "Healey the Handsome Brute" along with photos.  I have seen several
other write-ups in some of the old magazines as well.

The Ruddspeed Conversion featured triple intake manifolds for 1 3/4" SUs and
other mods including works style exhaust and suspension mods along with a
hot cam and more.   I believe there are three types of Ruddspeed manifolds.
MPH plans to reproduce the finned manifolds (see
http://www.cotswoldclassics.co.uk/ for a photo).

I have a set of the non-finned on my BN6 Rally Rep.  (I'll send you a photo
off list).  The engine is a 3 liter with a fairly radical cam, SS Headers,
and several other go-fast goodies.  Its quite quick.

I know of four Ruddspeeds in the US.....Brian Mertz 3000 racer from the
Midwest (now California);  Dave Lapham 100-6 racer from Texas;  Paul Dunnell
3000 from MA;   and mine.
I'm sure there are others....In fact any listers with Ruddspeeds please
contact me....I'd like to start a little registry.

Also, Lin, please share the responses you get from your inquiry.

Jim
East Hampton, CT