Re: Guage Face Repainting

To: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Guage Face Repainting
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:10:27 -0500
Never heard of anyone who paints the faces.  ...Getting them right would
really be an accomplishment...

It's probably more practical to try to get a good looking face from a gauge
that doesn't work...  My speedo's face (BT7 Magnolia)was partially peeled... I
wound up having to buy a "pretty" used one...  But now at least I have the
original (working) one for parts if the pretty one ever breaks.

One note, if you do find a replacement face, don't touch the front surface.
The lettering and numerals are chalky and don't respond well to handling.
Mercifully, I discovered this on my old one, and not the new one.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA