Slave cylinder bleeding and mounting

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Slave cylinder bleeding and mounting
From: John Peak <redbn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:50:56 -0800 (PST)
Sorry to re-hash the subject, but I am having difficulty searching the archives
successfully.

First, I am installing a new clutch slave in my BN7.  I recall mention of
swapping the hose and bleeder location to allow for easier access to the
bleeder.  Can this be done?

Second, someone (I think is was Earl Kagna) described a process of bleeding
involving opening the bleeder valve and letting gravity do to work over time.
Can you please re-post the details?

Third, someone said you could use a longer bolt (fully threaded) with a nut run
up to the top to replace the top mounting bolt to actually make it humanly
possible to access it without removing the transmission tunnel.  I would like
to express my sincerest thanks.  Two hours to get it out, two minutes to get it
back in with your modification!

Many  Thanks,
John Peak
'59 BN7
Lake Worth, FL

PS:  Sunny and mid 70's the last three days and the Healey is up on blocks.
I'm dying here!!!